Thursday, October 29, 2009

29 palms

I haven't updated in a while. It's not because I've had any shortage of time or internet access. It's because they have beer here, and I'm allowed to drink it. I wouldn't be updating now if I hadn't discovered I could get beer and wifi in one place at the bowling alley. Here are the rest of those MCT pics:

Here's me, a white man named Black, with a black man named White. No other platoon could claim such a hilarious honor.


The chow hall.


Mama B's BBQ, the weekend chow hall.


A road.


I don't know that guy.


Now I'm at MOS school. There aren't any open seats for my class yet, so I'm in the Marines Awaiting Training platoon. Here're some pics from where I am now:

Somebody with white-out is a comedian.


Whoever made this sign had no idea I would come along and think it's hysterical.



Every Marine base I go to gets drier and desertier. This is the wasteland I have to cross just for my daily beer.


The chow hall.



Another picture of the horrible climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment