Saturday, July 2, 2011

vacation pictures 2: the vacationing

I just got back from my two weeks a year. I thought everyone knew about the "one weekend a month, two weeks a year" that reservists do, but apparently not. Everyone was surprised when I left for two weeks. I learned a lot in that short span of time. I got my 7 Ton licence, combat lifesaver licence, green belt in MCMAP, finished some online classes I need for promotion, and discovered the true meaning of honor and courage and stuff.

Anyway, here's the pictures from my vacation:


I couldn't get any pictures of us doing the MCMAP because it was too intense, but here's the mat we didn't do it on.


I took this picture because I knew you wouldn't believe me about how intense it was.


This was the vein sticking portion of the combat lifesaver class. Everybody sticks a vein, and everybody gets stuck, because that's how it works.


We noticed the dummy wasn't wearing his uniform properly, so we had to correct him.


Some humvee drivers in training. This was a "before" picture.


I took this picture because this guy's not posing for the camera. He was taking online tests without even looking at the screen, and passing them, because he's a ninja.


We had the privilege of viewing a promotion. As we were forming up for it, I saw this on the drill deck. I don't know what it means, but it looks kinda shady.


Me. I know that's what most of you were waiting for. I look bored, but the people who were there know what was really going on.





I didn't take this picture, so I couldn't tell you what's going on here.


Martin and I noticed a bug not wearing its uniform properly, so we had to correct it.


And then this happened.


So that was our Annual Training. My unit's a little readier, America's a little safer, and 18 more Marines now know I'm not circumcised.

3 comments:

  1. idk why you are wearing a feminine looking pink wig... but its a little creepy ;)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put two more ticks on that Marine counter -- Ken and I just read this post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suddenly I don't want to joim the Marine Corp anymore. Maybe I'll try to join the USAF instead... if they still have human piloted aircraft and not just all drones.

    ReplyDelete